We take the collar measurement. All measurements are in inches. Place the tape measure close to the neck under the Adams apple, with index finger in between the tape measure. This allows for ease in the collar. Add a quarter inch only if you prefer them even bigger.
It is best to wear a dress shirt that you like and think fits you well for this measurement. This will give you a good gauge from where to begin and end the measurement. Follow the slope of the shoulder. Start from the shoulder line of an actual shirt, this is where the horizontal part of the shoulder meets the vertical part of the arm. Measure till the centre back and proceeding to the other end of the shoulder line. Measure up over the curve of the shoulders and to outside edge of the other shoulder.
We take the half back ,run it across the shoulder, down the arm ,to the wrist, and stop in between the wrist and the beginning of the thumb. Please refer to video.
Run the measuring tape around the fullest part of your chest, under your armpits and over the shoulder blades. Let your arms hang down in a relaxed, natural pose. Do not arch or puff out your chest as this will exaggerate the measurements. Make sure the tape measure is straight all across running parallel to the ground, across the back. Place index finger in between the tape measure and this will give you your chest measurement.
These are not the same measurements that you would use when you buy your pants, so please do not use the same measurement. The belly button is the best indicator, from where you should start your waist measurements from. Run the tape around the fullest part of the belly. Place the index finger in between the tape measure, and this will give you the waist measurement.
Schedule An Appointment
In person we can help you
- Get measure and create your first shirt. As well as add on to your wardrobe with suit and pant measurements.
- Fine tune a DanA’rte Shirt already purchased.
- Learn , Feel and Touch our fabrics so you know which is your shirt you are custom making
- Or just send us any enquiry that you have.
We can visit your home or office and take care of our order personally for minimum order of 3 shirts.
- Providing high quality custom suit services.
- High quality experienced tailors
- Friendly staff to attend to your requests or alterations (if required)
- Follow-up support and monitoring
- Ensuring a safe delivery of your custom suit